Friday, 9 March 2012

Paper Pups and All Things Spring

Somewhere between the icy chill of Monday and this flurrying Friday, spring sprung up to say hello. So, I kicked off my winter coat and dreamed of splashing in puddles and picnics in the park. I felt silly and fun and carefree! (The first signs of spring will do that to a girl.)


Sadly, this spring break was short-lived, so I’ve put my plans on hold. But I’m clinging to the memories of that glorious day in the sun with some crafts that are sure to cure my spring fever.
First I took some Paper Pups out for a stroll! Pajamas and tutus and swimwear; oh my! These mess-free pets, dressed up in their finest, are enough to melt the heart of anyone!

Next some Twisted Critters came out to play. I twisted, twirled and wrapped a bumbling bee spreading pollen for spring, a baby carrot peeking up out of the ground, and an little yellow chick hatching just in time for Easter.
Finally, I made some Super Simple Sewing accessories that even the littlest of hands can fashion. Pretty pastels, felt florals, and a little pink coin purse, just begging for some warm weather to show themselves off!
Surrounded by a few of my favourite spring things, I’m already starting to feel my fever subside. And with only 11 days left till spring’s official start, hopefully I won’t have much longer to wait…

One final note for French readers out there: I wanted to let you know that a lot of Klutz activity books are now available in French! Click here to see what's available.

1 comment:

  1. i love that headband, adorable! and paper pups- what could be cuter! i can't wait for my niece to be old enough for us to craft together, you have the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete