Friday 23 October 2015

Hello Tissue Paper!

by Edward Quiceno, marketing assistant, crafting novice, and hot chocolate connoisseur
I recently starting working at this lively place called KLUTZ, and quickly realized I had formidable crafting competition. To be frank, I had never really crafted before, or maybe I had and just didn’t realize I was crafting. So I thought that Halloween celebrations would be a great opportunity to put my crafting skills to the test and surprise everyone at the office.

Luckily, I found myself being inspired and excited by the range of options Klutz books has to offer. Hoping to make some decorations that would wow the office, I found the perfect book to assist me in my endeavor.

Hello tissue paper! Klutz’s Tissue Paper Crafts was my saving grace. 

Tissue Paper Crafts

I figured I could use some company, and help, and hot chocolate, so my friend Caro and my sister Yoly teamed up with yours truly to make some awesome crafts. Plus, this crafting session was a fun way to accompany some delicious hot chocolate.


We started off our Halloween decorating with some “pumpkin” making: 


I was excited to see how quickly the pumpkins could be made (my crafting ego was growing). The book is great because it comes with step-by-step instructions to make shapes and sizes that can be used as garlands, flowers, or hey, even pumpkins. Feeling inspired we then decided to step it up a notch and make a Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) design to activate some wall space. Check out some of our specially-designed Halloween decorations:

Halloween Decorations with Tissue Paper

Stay tuned for my journey to crafting fame; I’m coming for the crafting throne!

1 comment :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete